*Official* Currently watching thread

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I recently got into the awesome anime Yakitate! Japan. It's HILARIOUS and I've only seen the first two episodes... it's actually based on making bread. Yes, bread. The animation is great and I love the voice acting, the characters are great as well. I haven't seen enough episodes to memorize the names just yet... but I'm loving all the main characters so far.

On the more serious and darker side of anime I've recently gotten into one called Monster. I've seen about 8 episodes... so far it's about a very talented brain surgeon who's caught up in a series of brutal murders. How he's caught up I don't want to say because I don't want to give it away. Everything starts going down hill when the doc decides to go against the hospital director order and saves a young boy who's been shot in the head, instead of the mayor who's about to invest a lot of capital in the hospital.

On the shojo front, I've been watching Peach Girl. The animation isn't so great, but the voice acting is! Lovin' it and so far the anime has stayed true to the manga for the most part... UNLIKE the taiwanese live action drama >_< geh...

A few other anime titles I've been checkin out are: BECK, Bleach, Speed Grapher, Uta Kata, Honey and Clover, and Tsubasa Chronicles. I watched some Trinity Blood but the first episode didn't really hook me so I may watch one or two more. I even watched an episode of Ichigo 100% but it looks to be a major fanboy fest and I'm not sure if I'll watch anymore ^^; I dunno, it was funny and I do like the 'romance on the side' that's going on. I also need to finish Witch Hunter Robin I have all the episodes... just haven't gotten around to them yet :\

There's a few other titles I have but haven't really looked at yet... but I love hearin' what everyone is watching anyways :)

azndrifter720
Meryod Yokel

Post by azndrifter720 »

hmm...

Last Exile
Please Twins
Burst Angel
Full Metal Panic
Midori Days

Broken_Halo
Burg Farmer

Post by Broken_Halo »

Now Watching:
Almost everything on Anime Network on Demand TWC or more specificly:
Noir
Full Metal Panic!
FMP? FUMOFFU!!!
Madlax
Azumanga Daioh
Cromartie High
On CN:
Samurai Champloo
On DVD:
Scrapped Princess(best anime ever, good english dubwork even)
As of this Wednesday when it comes in the mail:
Elfen Lied
And next time I have some extra money:
Gunslinger Girl
Saw the fansub, was awsome, second fave anime beside Scra-Prin, buying the English DVD despite better judgement... Funimation.... <shiver>
Need to finish but haven seen lately:
Last Exile
Martian Successor Nadesico
ROD TV
GitS:SAC
Full Metal Alchemist

Deltath
Lann Fisherman

Post by Deltath »

Watching, watching. Always watching!

Just started watching Meine Liebe. I enjoy the music and the dark atmosphere.

Also watching:
Turn-A Gundam
Fushigi Yuugi
Sakura Diaries
AIR

Just finished:
Tenjou Tenge
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien(loved it!)

Going to watch:
Chrno Crusade
Kareshi Kanojyo no Jijyo
Kanon

Note* Onegai Twins is AWFUL. Just.. wretched. If you're a fan of Onegai Teacher, it butchers the enjoyment, the characters and the atmosphere.. replacing it with needless sexual comedy(that isn't even humorous).

Second Note* I don't actually watch them all at once. I usually watch an episode or two of all of them, then finish each series one at a time.

No english dub is good. It doesn't happen. Even if they don't sound awful, they're still not going to be comparable to the Japanese. Oh, except for Mobile Suit Gundam(original series). Though not comparable in quality to the Japanese, it sure is amusing to watch because it's so hilariously bad!

otakujohn
Meribian Merchant

Post by otakujohn »

Currently watching:

Canvas2
Comic Party Revolution
Da Capo SS
Ichigo Masimaro
Kamichu
Koi Koi 7
Lamune
Nanoha A's
paniponi-dash
Petopeto-san
Rozen Maiden Traumend
Shuffle!
To Heart2

wheew... :wink:

Lunar6000
Nanza Bandit

Post by Lunar6000 »

I am currently watching Samurai Deeper Kyo.
"Not Ghaleon Dear Quirk.. Magic Emperor Ghaleon!"