Georgia Aquarium Pictures *large*

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Georgia Aquarium Pictures *large*

Post by phyco126 »

So while I was vacationing in Georgia a couple of weeks ago, we decided to head over to the supposedly 'world's largest aquarium'. I have to admit that it was indeed massive, but I'm not sure if it still reigns as the world's largest. We have an aquarium in Denver that I thought was fairly good size, but this one dwarfs over it like you wouldn't believe. In the open common's area, I think you could fit Denver's aquarium inside it and still have room left over. Most of the exhibits are relatively the same, including some of the touch exhibits, others were far different (like we have tigers in ours, but they have 5 Beluga whales in theirs).

In any event, here are 6 pages of the better pictures I took while I was there. I can't be bothered right now to only select the best pictures that actually look nice and put them on their own page. Too much school and work to deal with. And moving. Hmph.

Caution though, these are some very large pictures, so depending on connection, load times for the pages can vary from 10 seconds to 45 seconds. http://www.phyco126.com/pictures/GAAquarium.html

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Georgia Aquarium Pictures *large*

Post by Sonic# »

I went there a couple of months ago!

I'm not sure how it is size-wise, but I was more impressed with the aquarium in Chattanooga. Nonetheless, there are some neat things there, like the long tube where you can see all the fish swimming around. You caught a lot of what there is to see, including the curious land-dwelling fry-eating fiend. ;)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: Georgia Aquarium Pictures *large*

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, the curious land-dwelling fry-eating fiend was fairly difficult to get a picture of. It is a fairly elusive creature, however with the skills I learned in survival class in trapping, I was able to coax it out of the habitat and managed to get several shots. =P

Actually, I had fun with that picture. My step-mom and dad are the 'well to do' in how they carry themselves, especially when eating. However, they were getting a little impatient with how slow I was eating, which resulted in me doing that and she using my camera to get a picture. It was a win-win for everyone. I rebelled against how they want me to act, they got a huge laugh out of it, and I got a silly picture that they enjoyed. That and I finished faster and we continued on to see the rest of the exhibits.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."