Did anyone watch the G4 Speical on Violence in Videogames?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by drumlord »

What? Are you saying Osama had nothing to do with 9/11? Prooobably not the smartest thing to say. Being Muslim or any religion does not prevent you from doing bad things. Plus, what religion do you think the hijackers practiced? You know, I could go on, but that's just such an ignorant statement I'm not going to touch it any more.

I was actually hoping Kiz might chime in on that quote, as I believe he knows more about Islam than I do. But to my knowledge, Muslims are very much forbidden from killing people. Thompson is just making things up (as per his usual)
-Rich-

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

drumlord wrote:I was actually hoping Kiz might chime in on that quote, as I believe he knows more about Islam than I do. But to my knowledge, Muslims are very much forbidden from killing people. Thompson is just making things up (as per his usual)

I dunno how to chime in on that. I mean it's a stupid comment to begin with.

Islam forbids killing of innocents. That goes quite far, including 'accidental' deaths during wartime and the like, burning fields and snuffing out food supplies, etc. etc. I could go on and get specific, but I don't need to prove anything right here except the fact that it's pretty blatantly stated. Plus, if I got more specific (which I could, right down to a psychological analysis of people who do kill using religion as an excuse), it'd likely go way over lioyd's head. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Just for clarification, I meant chime in in regards to Thompson's statement, not lioyd's. It's still a very stupid statement though and possibly not worth commenting on. It just floored me when I first saw it.
-Rich-

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I saw that Islam comment by Thompson and was pretty floored as well. It's just par for his course though. It also annoys me that he has to go and say "I'm a Christian" at the same time. Like Christianity needs another guy "defending the faith" like Thompson thinks he's doing...
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Topic pruned.

And lioyd? Congratulations. You've finally done enough to be banned. Don't try and come back; just makes it more of a bother for me to delete all your posts again, which I will do.

All things considered, this topic can be re-opened without any problem. If lioyd or his 'friends' come back, please ignore him and just send me a PM so I can deal with it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)