W.G.E.

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

W.G.E.

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

W.G.E., Worst Game Ever. I'm sure many of you have horror stories when it comes to game experiences. What are some of the worst games you've ever played? And did you finish it? I'll start off with a few:

1). Deathbots (NES). Unlicensed? American? I don't know for sure, but it sucked big time. 90% of the time, the game didn't even load up. Yes, I did beat it. The ending wasn't very memorable, as I have no recollection of what it was.

2). Time Stalkers (DC). Bought it. Played it for 15 minutes. Sold it. Nuff said.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Lunar DS. :P

Seriously, while I don't really like "extreme" opinions people voice (amplified versions of "this rox!" or "this sux!") and I don't think it was without redeeming value, I don't think I'd have persisted and finished if it weren't a Lunar. I still haven't been able to make myself play more than a third of it in English. So that was the worst for me.

There was a Genesis Fantasia game which my housemate and I found unplayable. And my fiancé returned Ephemeral Fantasia the same day he got it, I think.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Soul Fighter for Dreamcast. Bought it for $3 out of curiosity, and it's just horrible. There's one music clip that loops til you want to snap the disc, the game feels like doing chore after chore instead of accomplishing anything, and for a Gauntlet rip-off the hit-detection sucks.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Final Fantasy VII

Just kidding! Nah, I'm not really sure what would be considered worst game ever. I wouldn't go so far as to call Lunar: Dragon Song that, even if it was poor compared to the other games. There's just far worse out there.

OH! I know which game I hate the most: Madden (any of them). Granted, I'm a fan of the football everyone in America calls soccer, rather than American football, but even I don't obsess over FIFA or Winning Eleven the way some people idolize Madden. I've played Madden and for the life of me don't see what's so entertaining about it. Sure, I won't call it the worst game ever, but in terms of the game I hate the most, it takes the cake. I just get horribly sick of hearing about how it's the "best game ever" by loads of Madden fans.
-G1

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Boogerman!

just joking. i've never even played the game.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, while the topic is Worst Game Ever implying it's what we think was the worst ever made, the first post actually asks about the worst we ourselves have played. And I probably haven't played anything worse than DS. Well, maybe Mansion of Hidden Souls for Saturn, but I played so little of it I don't remember.

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

Has anyone played Kings Field or Space Griffon VF-9(both on PSX)? Most people would rate those 2 games are horendous. 'Kings Field is Doom with a sword, and Space Griffon is Doom with a mech,' they would say. Truth be told, that is far from the truth.

Although I love WD, Silpheed(PS2) was horrible. I rented it, played it for 5 minutes, and took it back for a different game. I told the rental guy that the game sucked, so he let me exchange it for something else. Thank goodness! Otherwise, I would've been stuck with the garbage for 3 solid days. And of course, being the broke, I was going to get my moneys worth.

Off topic, but as of March 24, 2006, Sony has stopped the production of the PSOne console. :x Sad thing is, the Xbox production stopped before the PSone. :shock: :lol: :twisted: :oops:

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

W.G.E for me would be Nobunaga's Ambition by KOEI on the Genesis.

You start by choosing a ruler, then confirm the game settings lastly select difficulty level.(Obiviously I chose the easiest level setting)

Game starts, not given a chance for me to issue even a single command my provimce was invaded.I remembered the invaders was much larger than mine.Needlessly to say they tore me a new one-Game Over.What the hell?I selected the easiest difficulty level for crying out loud!

I returned the game to my friend.Ironic for me was alot of people agreed that Nobunaga was one of KOEI's finest at that time.Meh I just sucked

Thank goodness other KOEI's games I found it very enjoyable.(Genghis Khan,RotkIII)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:Sure, I won't call it the worst game ever, but in terms of the game I hate the most, it takes the cake. I just get horribly sick of hearing about how it's the "best game ever" by loads of Madden fans.

Well, correction, everyone says that Madden [insert current year] is the best game ever. That's what I get so sick about. New Madden comes out every year and it can be almost the same game as the previous year, but folks will still buy it, and still say it's the most awesome game ever.

I just don't see the appeal in sports games... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The Lunar series sucked pretty much. Probably the worst series ever. The only redeeming qualities was the bath scenes.

Now a good series is Final Fantasy. Solid plot holes, save the world cliches, spectacular videos with no voice talent (save for FFX and FFX-2, but that sucked along side with the Lunar games.) Boy oh boy, I want to make Chef love to Cloud!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Off the top of my head, I'd say the worst I've played is The Tick (SNES). A friend of mine bought it for something like $5 at Funcoland and, quite frankly, I'd say that's too much. We tried playing through it one afternoon. Some highlights:

-The first several levels each contain only one kind of enemy. It gets really boring fighting nothing but the same generic ninjas over and over again.

-The game froze several times during one of the boss fights. We had to use a level select cheat just to get past it.

-Beating the game rewards you with the same "Gave Over" screen you get for losing the game.