Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Siazair
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Post by Siazair »

Anyone else get it, I just picked up diamond, and am Willing to share my DS friend code with everyone here incase they want to trade something, I've got Diamond and Leaf Green so eventually i'll have more to offer.

DS Code:will post once I find it again....

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Is diamond and pearl compatible with Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leafgreen, and firered?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Yes, After you see(not catch) 150 pokemon, and beat the elite, you'll get access to something called Pal Park, where you can take Pokes from Ruby, Sapphire, Leafgreen, red, emerald, basically any of the gba true pokemon.
Also, certain pokemon appear inthe wild if you have the gba game in the ds at the same time in Diamond/Pearl

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

You know, I've been considering picking this up. I've never owned a Pokemon game before, and it may be time to finally jump on this bandwagon.

The only thing that makes me apprehensive is all this backward compatability with the older Pokemon games. It almost seems like the bandwagon might be too far along for me to fully enjoy the ride.

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

There's only about 20-30 of the 483 that cannot be obtained in Diamond and Pearl without any of the previous Gen, and with the Wifi Trading, I'm sure someone can give you something, I'd be happy to get you something from my leafgreen!

Found my DS code, it's :2921 5561 5355

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I remember loving freaking Pokemon to death...then it got old. Eariler this year I finally decided to give the video games of Pokemon another chance. So I actually picked up Diamond yesterday. It's actually nice to play the games again. I have all of the gameboy versions minus FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald.

I would give out a friend code, but sadly I have no internet connection for the DS and I have no idea how to get the friend code anyway. *grummles again for having dial up*

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Do you eat at mcDonalds? They have free wifi for the DS.

Anyway, do you need all 50 bajillion games to catch them all? And do they also have the same BS crap of going to 50 different Pokemon events across the world for specific access to areas and pokemon and berries?

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Well, yea, unfortunately they do, but with the advent of Wi-Fi and the GTS (Global Trading System) You could likely find someone who's willing to share a legendary who's clonedi t or...hacked to get the items that enable to ability to catch said legend

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

See, that's one thing that always pissed me off about pokemon, that you needed all 5 games to catch all the available pokemon, but in order to get the legendary legendary legendary pokemon and rare items/berries, you needed to go to some stupid event to get it. Seems a bit greedy and unfair to me.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I forgot about wifi. I'm not sure about the McDonald's around here having it. I live in a small-ish town, or do all of them have it now?

Also, don't the wifi adapters cost like $30-40 or something like that? I don't have the money for something that expensive. I wish I did though.

And I figured out how to get the friend code. I just wasn't far enough in the game yet. ^^'

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I think all McDonalds are supposed to have it.

As for the wifi, I thought the DS came with wifi built in?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

phyco126 wrote:As for the wifi, I thought the DS came with wifi built in?
It does, but you still need to be at a wireless access point for it to work. If you don't have one already in your home, there's a DS accessory you can buy that you plug into the USB port on a computer that's connected to the internet and it creates a wireless access point that works only for a DS.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Oh, psh, no biggie, I've got a secure home wireless system and I live near like, 50 bajillion McDonalds and coffee houses...

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

I picked up Pearl version when it was released on Sunday. So far I've only made it to the sixth gym. I went ahead and added your friend code, Siazair.

Name: Shiru
Friend Code: 3651 7018 9966

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Ooo, once I get money again I will have to pick it up. Is it out in wisconson yet? I haven't seen it lately. I would like to play it. I have beaten every single pokemon game with 90+'s in my team in the past. It kind of got old being as I couldnt play with anyone else. So for the ds internet thing. you just get the cable, put it in the usb port in your comp and you can trade with anyone? That sounds Kewl. Can you battle too? that would be neat.

So there is still some pokes you can't get. God I hate that. Still it would be fun to catch all fo the pokemon and level them to 99 and be like an uber master. It would be fun. When I get the game again I am going to start my baby team. I had like Teddiursa smoochum magby pichu elekid and igglybuff in it. That was on gold/silver though. I would like to start it again. I got all fo them to 95 each. Then I lost the game! :D Lol. I have lost all of the games I had though. Ds' are around like 150$ right? if so I will wait till summer to get it.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

RPGMan wrote:Ds' are around like 150$ right? if so I will wait till summer to get it.
A new one is about that price, but you can get a refurbished one for cheaper, especially if it's the original model.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

It's actually $129.99. Not much different, but it's about enough for a game.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I've only lost one pokemon game ever.... my pokemon Silver with my gameboy color. *sigh* Still can't figure out what happened to it :( I mean, maybe I gave it away, or it was stolen, heck if I know or remember.

If you want to be a uber pokemon master, you would go into breeding. In ruby/sapphire/emerald, it gets VERY complicated and you end up with a lot of math to do with it as well. However, from what I've read, hard core breeders can breed a super pokemon that can kick the -Dragon Diamond- out of your level 99 pokemon at level 5 :P Takes a few months they say.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Yea i'm starting to become interested in playing pokemon once again. So I pulled out my old copy of Pokemon Gold... only to find out it's got a defect in the memory now and it can't save any of my games... what fun. :(

Oddly enough, my copy of Pokemon Red still has my game save on it... even though it's a LOT older.

Since I don't have a DS I probably won't be getting Diamond/Pearl... well I still have my GBA so I could probably get Fire Red or Leaf Green, or Ruby or Sapphire. So many choices...

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Hmmm. I never got into breeding with The emerald trio (the three games correlating to emerald) But that does sound VERY fun :P Lol. I have a gba so I might just pick an emerald version up some time soon. Phyco, do you know any sites with this info off hand? I would like to learn how to do this, I love patterns and math so it wouldn't be too hard.