New PSP model

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New PSP model

Post by Dark_Fairy »

http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6 ... es;title;3

Everyone who doesn't have a PSP should be happy at this news. I know I certainly am since I still don't have one. The TV display is what I'm excited about. It'll be nice to play PSP games and see it on your TV screen.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Damn, I knew I should have waited a little longer to get a PSP... >_< Ah well there are some good games coming out for the PSP in the far off future. Like those remakes of the first two Star Ocean games.

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

You wouldn't believe me, but the second I saw the title of this topic, I immediately said to myself "I hope it can output to a tv" and I read it, and there's my answer! the love the idea of playing games on a widescreen lcd or plasma. I'd like to see a lot of remakes done. Lunar would be nice. FF series and Chrono Trigger/Cross also. I see FF tactics is being remade, that wasn't a bad game, but a little too political. There's also Breath of Fire 3 but it didn't make it to the USA yet.[/b]
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Nall.TWK wrote:There's also Breath of Fire 3 but it didn't make it to the USA yet.[/b]
Yet? Actually, I believe SCEA (or whatever they're calling themselves today) wouldn't let Capcom release it in the states, even though it was okayed in Japan and Europe.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I had no idea there is going to be a remake of the first two Star Oceans! Awesome. That's getting added on to my lists of PSP games that I'll get when they come out.

I'm personally excited about Tales of the Word: Radiant Mythology, Castlevania Dracula X Cronicles and Final Fantasy Dissidia.

TotW: RM came out yesterday, so that means it should be in stores either today or tomarrow around here. I need to go check that out.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Dark_Fairy wrote:I had no idea there is going to be a remake of the first two Star Oceans! Awesome. That's getting added on to my lists of PSP games that I'll get when they come out.

I'm personally excited about Tales of the Word: Radiant Mythology, Castlevania Dracula X Cronicles and Final Fantasy Dissidia.

TotW: RM came out yesterday, so that means it should be in stores either today or tomarrow around here. I need to go check that out.
Yup, there are two Star Ocean games coming out for the PSP. Judging by the screenshots it looks like they will have the same graphic style featured in Star Ocean: The Second Story.

You can find the screenshots here: http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/staroce ... lt;title;1

They've also announced a Star Ocean 4... but they didn't mention what system it is for. I'm betting it'll be for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

DevNall wrote:
Nall.TWK wrote:There's also Breath of Fire 3 but it didn't make it to the USA yet.[/b]
Yet? Actually, I believe SCEA (or whatever they're calling themselves today) wouldn't let Capcom releas$e it in the states, even though it was okayed in Japan and Europe.
That kinda sucks. I would've bought the game. Maybe they didn't think many people would buy it.
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

Zaskar
Nanza Bandit

Post by Zaskar »

SCEA requires a certain % of the game (something like 30%) to be changed/improved/upgraded for it to be released in US/Europe. This is to prevent flooding of straight ports of games flooding the market. Supposedly its kinda hurting the Japanese market with all of them.

On the bright side, it may very well be one of the games available in the US for download through the PS3 to PSP for a much smaller 9around $5) cost, since it is just a straight PSX port, there should be no difference (except not taking up the full wide screen that id bet the port would of had :/)