Have any of you guys gotten a perfect 300 in Wii bowling?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Have any of you guys gotten a perfect 300 in Wii bowling?

Post by AlexHiro4 »

My my incredibly dedicated girlfriend stood outside of Best Buy from 4:30 am until opening time to get me a Nintendo Wii for Christmas this year. Even though she got me The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (which is a great game) I was still more fascinated with Wii Sports. Particularly Wii Bowling. For about a week all I did in my spare time was play Wii bowling. It is one of the most simplistic, addictive games I've ever played. Anyway, I was determined to get a perfect 300 because none of my friends had, and by the end of the week I did. I'm just curious if any of you guys have gotten a 300 too. Here's a pic of my Mii after that game.
Attachments
NEW Wii Bowling High Score Full View.jpg
NEW Wii Bowling High Score Full View.jpg (104.74 KiB) Viewed 15187 times
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: Have any of you guys gotten a perfect 300 in Wii bowling?

Post by GhaleonOne »

Never gone for that (though Bowling is probably one of my favorite 2 - Tennis is the other - in Wii Sports). But I guarantee, once the novelty of Wii Sports wears off, and you actually dig into Zelda, you'll love it. At least, I did. I barely touched Zelda at first, for probably a week or two. But once I did, man, I was hooked.
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

A friend of mine got a 299. He's a bit OCD, so it was kinda hard on him.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

GhaleonOne wrote:Never gone for that (though Bowling is probably one of my favorite 2 - Tennis is the other - in Wii Sports). But I guarantee, once the novelty of Wii Sports wears off, and you actually dig into Zelda, you'll love it. At least, I did. I barely touched Zelda at first, for probably a week or two. But once I did, man, I was hooked.
Yeah I know. The novelty of Wii Sports actually wore off pretty soon after I got my 300, so I did start playing Zelda a lot. It's really fun.
Werefrog wrote:A friend of mine got a 299. He's a bit OCD, so it was kinda hard on him.
I'm OCD too. REALLY OCD. I got a 297, three 298's, and two 299's before I got my 300. It was really hard on me too. So much in fact that I actually threw out my arm because of playing so much. Lol.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I haven't played Wii bowling that much... I think it's a great game, but I only really play it with other people. I bowl regularly in real life, so any loss of skill in an analagous video game gets met with a little huffing and puffing from me. ;)

Sweet with the 300 though! My highest in Wii bowling is a 230-something, and my highest in regular bowling is 280 (one strike away!).
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Sonic# wrote:My highest in Wii bowling is a 230-something, and my highest in regular bowling is 280 (one strike away!).
Holy crap! 280? REAL bowling? That's amazing! I like regular bowling a lot, but the best I've ever gotten was 186 :( . Props man.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

The bowling was the big attraction. It was the one that everyone always wanted to play. I like the boxing and the mini-games it had.

Mit punching? awesome.
dodgeball? great.
punching bags? really fun.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

AlexHiro4 wrote:
Sonic# wrote:My highest in Wii bowling is a 230-something, and my highest in regular bowling is 280 (one strike away!).
Holy crap! 280? REAL bowling? That's amazing! I like regular bowling a lot, but the best I've ever gotten was 186 :( . Props man.
Well, I've been doing it since I was 6, something that you can't do with Wii bowling. So I'm amazed when anyone does as well as you in Wii bowling. :D

I wonder if anyone has done a speedrun of Wii bowling...
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Sonic# wrote: Well, I've been doing it since I was 6, something that you can't do with Wii bowling. So I'm amazed when anyone does as well as you in Wii bowling. :D

I wonder if anyone has done a speedrun of Wii bowling...
I dunno about a speedrun, but do you wanna know my secret to success in Wii bowling? OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! Lol.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

300? Wow, that's incredible! :shock: The most I ever got in Wii bowling was about 180 or something like that.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Sonic# wrote:
Sweet with the 300 though! My highest in Wii bowling is a 230-something, and my highest in regular bowling is 280 (one strike away!).
Out of curiosity, what did you leave in the second frame?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Heh, worked out the math?

I don't remember exactly what I left. I believe I picked up a 6-10 in the second. The other 10 strikes were a surprise after that weak hit...
Sonic#

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Still a better 300 then yours. :P
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Jenner wrote:Image

Still a better 300 then yours. :P
I couldn't agree more. That movie freaking rocked!

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

How about a wii game in which you're a spartan?

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:How about a wii game in which you're a spartan?
How about a wii game in which you're a Spartan....BOWLING!!!!