What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Beat Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists. I decided to go back and Play the Lillie & Sullie? I think that's the one. (ONE OF THE WORST ATELIER GAMES THAT EXISTS) but...i'm gonna try and beat it, lol. It annoyed me so much 3 years ago i stopped playing, lol

Those twins are annoying as hell and their father sucks...It's just a bad story. I went back to just focus on battles and alchemy lol
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

I tried playing the Nelke Atelier game and just could not get into it. The premise with the town-building aspect was incredibly appealing, but I found the battle system and overall presentation just a real bore. The game really needed some more subsistence outside of what you get with mostly menu-driven progress. I really feel the game should have been a mobile title, and believe there was no real reason for it to go to the PS4 and Switch. I may try to revisit it but feel it's just going to get pushed to the side.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Anybody playing the FF Pixel Remasters? What do you guys think?

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Playing the FF1 Pixel Remaster. It got rid of both the Hall of Giants and the Peninsula of Power northeast of Pravoka. I am deeply disappointed.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Angelalex242 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:56 am Playing the FF1 Pixel Remaster. It got rid of both the Hall of Giants and the Peninsula of Power northeast of Pravoka. I am deeply disappointed.
Were those extras from one of the earlier remakes?

Are you playing on PC or mobile? How do you feel about the visuals, new music, and UI?

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

AkagisWhiteComet wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:36 pm I tried playing the Nelke Atelier game and just could not get into it. The premise with the town-building aspect was incredibly appealing, but I found the battle system and overall presentation just a real bore. The game really needed some more subsistence outside of what you get with mostly menu-driven progress. I really feel the game should have been a mobile title, and believe there was no real reason for it to go to the PS4 and Switch. I may try to revisit it but feel it's just going to get pushed to the side.
The battle system sucked...Just sucked, but that's just it...it was essentially atelier sim city, but also controlling every tiny action. It got overwhelming at times, but once you get the hang of things and focus on the alchemy and building it's rather fun.

I just beat the twin alchemy game and now i gotta save money for like 8 different games lol
Lotus Moon Productions

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I haven't played the Pixel Remasters yet but people I've talked to whose opinions I trust have had mostly positive things to say about them. In particular consensus seems to be that this version of FF3 is the definitive version, as it fixes some of the weaker jobs from the original while avoiding the missteps of the DS version that was previously the only (official) English language version.
DevNall wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:21 am
Angelalex242 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:56 am Playing the FF1 Pixel Remaster. It got rid of both the Hall of Giants and the Peninsula of Power northeast of Pravoka. I am deeply disappointed.
Were those extras from one of the earlier remakes?
Those are informal names given by fans to certain areas in the original game.

The Peninsula of Power is a small area northeast of Pravoka where, due to a quirk in how encounters are determined, you can fight enemies you wouldn't otherwise encounter until much later in the game. You can use Fire 2 to defeat these enemies for large amounts of gold and experience to gain rapid levels and upgrade your equipment before heading into the Marsh Cave.

The Hall of Giants is a corridor near the entrance to the Earth Cave where every step you are guaranteed to fight a formation that includes at least one Giant. The Nintendo Power Strategy Guide suggested players equip the Giant Sword and walk through there for large amounts of gold and experience. However, one of the game's many bugs is that the special powers of weapons don't actually work.

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

I 100% completed Suikoden III (PS2) last night I got all 108 Stars and did all the bonus shtuff. Pretty good game I really enjoyed it. Suikoden games are much more rewarding when you collect all the Stars of Destiny like the game makes much more sense. So far, I've beaten I-IV one after the other. I probably won't dive into V quite yet since everyone says it's the best and I can wait since I'll probably enjoy it. Plus I have a thing against the number five.

Well, I've hit that point finally. I've beaten a few RPGs I haven't beaten before at all, and I've gone back to already beaten games just to 100% them and collect everything. Now, it's finally time to take on some RPGs that I've totally ignored over all these years. I was thinking about PS1 but I've beat all the games I wanted to on there, so I guess I have no choice but to focus/concentrate on PS2 titles.

For my next game, I was thinking about Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King I start-and-stop that game numerous times so far now. And I've totally ignored Growlanser Generations this whole, entire time that game's been itchin' at me.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

VidKid369 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:50 am For my next game, I was thinking about Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King I start-and-stop that game numerous times so far now. And I've totally ignored Growlanser Generations this whole, entire time that game's been itchin' at me.
You can't go wrong there. Both are excellent choices.

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Oops, I popped in DQVIII and it said I needed a PlayStation 2 controller to play... I've been using a PS1 controller in my PS2 lately cause it started acting funny on me. Oh, well.

I decided, I guess I'll play Persona 2: Eternal Punishment LOL.

Edit: I decided to wait until I got Innocent Sin. I'm playing Growlanser now. Wish me luck! Finally!
Last edited by VidKid369 on Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm deep into Horizon: Zero Dawn. It is tickling that exploration whimsy, as well as rewarding strategic uses of existing resources. I've also been gripped by the narrative more than I expected. I'm over halfway through, and I'm aiming to wrap it up in time to switch to Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

I also just finished Ace Attorney: Justice for All and did the first trial for Trials and Tribulations. Now I've switched to FFVIII; I left my playthrough just before Lunatic Pandora, and I've never gotten beyond there, so my goal is to finally beat the game and appreciate the narrative twists rather than reading about them secondhand. So far, I'm not disappointed.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Been playing Great Ace Attorney. Husband is playing Sakuna.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:54 pm I'm deep into Horizon: Zero Dawn. It is tickling that exploration whimsy, as well as rewarding strategic uses of existing resources. I've also been gripped by the narrative more than I expected. I'm over halfway through, and I'm aiming to wrap it up in time to switch to Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
HZD became one of my favorite games so quickly, and possibly the biggest positive highlight of all of 2020 was finally getting the chance to play it (twice through). I knew the story would hook me and it didn't disappoint in the slightest, all the way through, and the combat kept getting more and more enjoyable. I can't say enough good things about it.
~Kizyr (they|them)

sharkythesharkdogg
Reza Thief

Post by sharkythesharkdogg »

I'm going through The Talos Principle right now.

I just enjoy the puzzles, and would ignore the computer interaction bits, but my wife is doing that part. At some point I plan to go back and get those gold stars that are hidden around the world. Right now I'm working through the last levels in the last world, and if that's all the puzzles available then I guess it's time to climb to tower and die/face the unknown.

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

I beat Grandia earlier this afternoon. I think in my last post I left off saying I was gonna play Eternal Punishment/Growlanser, but I decided to just go with Grandia haha lol.

God, that game took me a while to finish cause I was travelling and at one point had to wait until I got home. I kinda felt like the story kept going, and going and they made you go through so many mini-dungeons towards the end that it felt like I was being drowned in mobs of monster encounters. The story did feel epic, though. I'll give it that. It was a fun little adventure.

For my next game, I'm not really sure. I was thinking about the Legend of Dragoon as I was playing but I'm gonna sleep on it tonight. I kinda just wanna go through my PS1 RPGs, heh.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I was gonna play Madden 22, but it's so bugged and glitched that unlike previous versions...it's entirely unplayable.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

I played all 4 Phantasy Star games from the original series again. Never beat 3 until now. IV is still as good as I remember.

I played Outer Wilds again (not Outer Worlds). It's now in my top 20 all time. Myst in space, but more accessible, and realistic physics.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Currently playing Atelier Ryza 2 which is miles ahead better than the first game (^.^)
Lotus Moon Productions

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Whoo, I beat Growlanser II: The Sense of Justice. I'm really excited cause this has been long overdue I'm just glad to have beaten a Growlanser game finally. I'm not totally big into strategy RPGs but I think I did pretty well in this game. I refused Maximillian, and I think I got the ending with Riviera since her icon's unlocked on the save screen. I'm listening to the Outtakes for the first time right now.

I already kinda started on Tales of Destiny II (Eternia) so I think I'll continue playing that next.

I'm super stoked to see that a lot of the usual Working Designs voice actors voiced the cast in this game. I thought Charlone was Jenny Stigile but I guess not. I was hoping for another one of her songs lol!

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Tales of Arise fans out there?