Best RPG since the PS Lunar Remakes?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I have plenty of people insisting on Suikoden. This is my deal. The Wii and a plethora of games for it and the DS are coming out. I'll play the first Suikoden illegitimately and then if i love it, i'll feel compelled to actually own it like i own Lunar.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

wildthehero wrote:I haven't played CC. Was kinda disappointed when I heard it didnt have.. well, Chrono in it. I dunno. I may have to track it down one of these days.

Growlanser is the best best RPG I've ever played, period.

I enjoyed the heck out of Growlancer. Just wish I could have played some of the Langrisser series from the same guys. Never did figure out why those games never got ported.

Playing CC is so worth it! The when you finally understand all of the connections it's absolutely excellent (at least for me). I think it had one of the most intricate storyline progressions of all the games that I've played, if not the very best. If you are a fan of Chrono Trigger this game will knock your socks off. When I did a review for it I gave it the only 10/10 that I've ever given a game, that's how impressed I was.

Also, the replay value is interesting :) The ability to amass every single playable charcter in the game is nuts :)
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Well I'd have to say Suikoden II is a pretttty fine game and Im currently playing Suikoden V. I agree with the ohters about CT and CC. Both great games. If you havent yet i think you should try Star Ocean, the 2nd story its up there in my top 5 with the Lunar series and Growlanser and arc the lad collection.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Alun is correct. I'm not fluent in Japanese or even close. However, since the Growlanser series is quite gameplay heavy and there's a decent amount of resources online, it can still be somewhat accessible to those willing to import. It also helped that pretty much all menu options, spell names, etc. are either in English or katakana. At any rate, even if one isn't willing/able to import, there's always Growlanser II and III which are quite worthy games in their own right, if not quite up to the standards of the first one.

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

GhaleonOne wrote:
I haven't played CC. Was kinda disappointed when I heard it didnt have.. well, Chrono in it. I dunno. I may have to track it down one of these days.

Not neccessarily. He's not a major character, and it's kinda hard to explain, but there's definately connections to the past with it.
More over Chrono is seen in it I love tell where and when but its hard tell and ruins trying keep eye out :P
and alot fans didnt really note it at 1st

Anyway Alot my fav games just keep geting ruined it time
Even Lunar had pain of this :(
DQ only thing yet disapoint me over time
Even Suikoden that LOVED after finding Copy Of 1st game then I hunted 2ed game as fast I could
3erd was ok
4th made me want throw up
I yet play 5 I happy hear alot fans do say lives up to older games so i hopeing it isnt a disapoint meant me