Anyone have the PS3?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Anyone have the PS3?

Post by phyco126 »

Seriously, I'm about to laugh my butt off, because I have yet to hear if anyone who got one. So, any one where actually have one? Or do you all have the Wii?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

I'm planning to get a PS3 by the end of this year. Everything is going as I have predicted. The PS3 started off with a rocky start, then they will drop the price and it will slowly go up the scale as new game are released. Then it will be even with Nintendo and Microsoft within the next year or so, continuing the endless Console War. Besides, Devil May cry 4 is coming out this year, that's reason enough to get the PS3. That and Ridge Racer 7 and Final FAntasy versus XIII.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

then they will drop the price
Not going to happen anytime soon. They loose way too much money on it the way it is to drop the price. It'll be some time. I'd be surprised if it dropped by Christmas, and I doubt it'll be by much.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

MaJIN_SaN wrote:Yep, I do. What do you want to know? And sorry guys, I gotta tell you. I don't like nintendon't <== :p
Nothing I want to know really, I was just curious seeing as all I hear about these days is the Wii and not a PS3 (that kinda ryhmes :D )

I'm a microsoft and Sony fan myself, but if I'm going to buy anything, it'll be handhelds. My Xbox libary consists of like, 5 games. No way can I afford to get a 360, much less a PS3 or a Wii. Instead, I plan on getting a PSP. MMMmmmMMMmmmMMmmm.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Instead, I plan on getting a PSP. MMMmmmMMMmmmMMmmm.
I was talking to Dan about the PSP last night. If they would bring over half the games from Japan that we're not getting here, it'd totally be worth buying. I didn't realize just how many great games were being released over there for it, none of which we get.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:I was talking to Dan about the PSP last night. If they would bring over half the games from Japan that we're not getting here, it'd totally be worth buying. I didn't realize just how many great games were being released over there for it, none of which we get.
It's like the Saturn all over again! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

GhaleonOne wrote:
Instead, I plan on getting a PSP. MMMmmmMMMmmmMMmmm.
I was talking to Dan about the PSP last night. If they would bring over half the games from Japan that we're not getting here, it'd totally be worth buying. I didn't realize just how many great games were being released over there for it, none of which we get.
Yeah there are a lot of good games for the PSP out in japan. But since the PSP is region free, it makes it easy to import them. I'm thinking about getting Ridge Racer 2 for the PSP at some point.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

But it's still in another language, and concerning RPGs, that limits me a great deal.
-G1

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

GhaleonOne wrote:But it's still in another language, and concerning RPGs, that limits me a great deal.
True, but there are some games in japan that actually have very little japanese in them. Like this one import I got, Gundam Battle Tactics. The entire main menu is in english while some of the less important things are in japanese. But RPGs are generally all in one langauge, so yeah that can be a bit problematic at times.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I used to want a PSP for the emulation purposes, but then i found out about the VNC with the Wii. Now i may want one again because they've perfected running PS1 games on it.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I have a PS3, there aren't any really good games coming out for it for another month or more though.

As for the PSP, Valkyrie Profile was remade for it and what I've played so far is really good. I would BEG you all not to waste your time however with Astonishia Story, it had quite a bit of potential, really nice intro and nice art but the script was TERRIBLE and there were a lot of holes in the plot. ^^; There is another game for it that was good but for the life of me I can't remember the name at the moment... ^^; Monster Hunter? Bah, I'll have to find out and let you guys now.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Kizyr wrote:
It's like the Saturn all over again! KF
There's actually a lot of Saturn games like Tengai Makyo 4 and Sakura Taisen that much like with the Saturn were passed on a domestic release initially and are being passed on again for the PSP.