Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (Nintendo DS)

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (Nintendo DS)

Post by phyco126 »

Has anyone played the Playstation version of the game? Regardless, they released it for the Nintendo DS a little while back. I finally got around to buying it from http://www.newegg.com for only $14.99 (flat, no taxes or shipping, yay!). The story is pretty much the same, graphics are simple and cute, yet detailed. For those that didn't know, the PSX version had singing and pictures that you could collect. This version also has singing... full singing. As in full songs with voice.

Pros: Voice sung songs, pictures to collect, cute little game were you blow into the mic to resemble playing a trumpet, Map in the upper corner of the top screen makes navigation easy in bigger dungeons.

Cons: Easier than ever, I have yet to died, or purchase any healing items, or heal really... Also easy to get money, same corny story (not really much of a con, I like it).

Anyway, for $15 I think it was worth it to get a non-pokemon based RPG for the DS. Its gotten me through my spouts of boredom and despite how easy it is, it still provides my entertainment.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (Nintendo DS)

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I played the PSX original. I have the DS version as well now, but I kinda miss the psudo tactical battles of the original (I say psudo 'cause they didn't require any real tactics).

Still quite a charming game though. ^^
-Nobi

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I LOVED the PS game! I've collected posters, the artbook, and soundtrack. Did I say I have so much love for it? :D I have yet to complete a real piece of fanart for it, but I will one day. It's a real gem, and it reminds me a lot of Lunar. Especially that little melody that Cornet plays on her trumpet.

I can't really say there's anything I dislike about it... maybe the english dubbing... I played it with the Japanese subs. I did try to listen to the dub though because of that love for it, but at the time I really couldn't stand to listen. Maybe some day... I'm in the middle of playing it on my DS though. I'm going to get it for my best friend who've I've been wanting to play it FOREVER now haha

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Glad to see others who played it! By the way, I suppose I should have mentioned for those who haven't played it: They failed to get the english songs into the game for some reason (and I do recall that they did try it). Therefore, you get Japanese songs with English subtitles. *sigh* Of course, if I wanted to listen to the english versions, I've already got the soundtrack on my PC and could technically just open WMP and play the songs in sync with the game, haha.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I loved Rhapsody! I have it for the PSX. The game was so cute and cheesy (well, at least the songs were cheesy). I was obsessed with it before I ended up getting Lunar 2. After Lunar 2...I sort of forgot about it. XP

cj iwakura
Student of Vane

Post by cj iwakura »

I love the PSX original and its dub, but the DS version is a buggy mess.

Worst of all, no dub.