What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Kizyr wrote:
Shinto-Cetra wrote:
Kizyr wrote:Not sure what I'll move onto after that... Maybe go back through much older games on my list (like Parasite Eve and the Arc the Lad collection). Though also the last time I played any Lunar game was when the EB Remake came out for the PSP... and the MS:L guide could use a cleanup from getting many of the dungeon directions wrong (east vs west e.g.)...

Don't you mean SSH for PSP? XD
I actually mean the EB Remake. It was released for the Playstation Online store so I downloaded it to my PSP (well I suppose technically it's a PSO game not a PSP game). It's Japan only so if I recall right, I needed to set up a Japanese account for it. It's been a while though.

SSH by contrast was... rather forgettable.
Oh you mean the Japanese PSone Classics re-release? I know about that one. For me at least PSone classics would be a "port" as the assets were mostly or completely reused from a previous version. When I see "remake" I think mostly new assets.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

He meant remake as opposed to the SegaCD game. A lot of people referred to the Saturn game as EBR before it was released in the US as EBC.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Currently playing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Story is pretty compelling thus far.
-Nobi

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Still playing Trials of Mana & Warriors Orochi 4 to get those trophies. Started playing Atelier Ryza. It's okay. I was let down by all the hype.

Very excited for Trails of Cold Steel 4 in less than 30 days!!!!
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hey, guys! I just beat Claude's game in Star Ocean: The Second Story (PSX) earlier this morning! I was trying to complete the Cave of Trials but I just hurried the game along and decided to just beat it! I have to go back to it one day for that, and to complete Rena's. I have never played her game before.

I'm now playing Breath of Fire for the SNES. It's been so long since I last played it I don't even remember if I've beat it. I was thinking about just going through the entire series since I have all 5 games lol. I'm really excited to play Breath of Fire II since my Uncle fixed the battery on the cartridge for me! I know, for sure, I've never beaten it before I think I made it to where you control just Sten as a kid and then I just stopped.

Edit: I decided to play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) like I had originally planned. I dunno why I always change my mind the night before. lol

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

For some reason I decided to play the Zelda Oracles games. Probably because my husband just finished Link's Awakening (in Japanese, to practice reading) and I felt like solving some puzzles. I really hope these get a similar treatment to LA someday. The translation could definitely use a polish and Ages in particular would benefit from having more buttons available.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

What is everyone's opinion on Genshin Impact for PS4?
Lotus Moon Productions

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I played Disco Elysium, which focuses on an amnesiac cop who has to solve a case in a downtrodden corner of the world. The game is a bit rough, treading a thin line between making politics a part of the setting and being too didactic, but it succeeded in telling a story I was entertained by and in writing a lot of humor and heart into a dark narrative of personal recovery. My first playthrough, I specialized in Rhetoric and did pretty well with the dialogue. In this one, I'm focusing on Shivers (a kind of paranormal, intuitive sense of the world).

I'm dabbling with Star Wars Squadrons. I think they made a very fun arcade-like flight game. My only criticism is that I wish it was a little less forgiving. Being able to heal my ship mid-mission while blowing up countless starfighters feels a little unbalanced. In TIE Fighter, even knicking another ship would have meant hull damage or death, but the only death-by-collision I had was accidentally flying into a Star Destroyer's engines.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I got 100% on Trials of Mana! (^.^) Now I'm waiting for Trials of Cold Steel 4 to come in the mail while i attempt 100 at Warriors orochi 4 ultimate
Lotus Moon Productions

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hey, y'all. I just got done beating The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) like, yesterday, lol. So. I busted out my Super Nintendo and busted out Breath of Fire. I feel really nostalgic with this system, and particularily this game. This afternoon I couldn't stop sneezing like at least ten times, maybe it was just all the dust I blew out. I just felt really homesick.

I've been having trouble with my save file getting deleted though I know it's not the battery yet so, I tried to switch up my routine when I turn a game off. I just turn the Power button off without hitting Reset, and I don't eject the cartridge anymore I just leave it in. So far, I haven't had any problems but we'll see.

I just beat the Winlan area.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Finished Horizon: Zero Dawn, including the Frozen Wilds DLC.
Total time... somewhere north of 200 hours.
Now I'm going through New Game+ mode XD

It's definitely one of my favorite games now, and I'm really glad I was able to completely avoid spoilers until I finally played. I think I'll go through NG+ before moving onto the FF7 Remake.
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Zelda Ocarina of Time, in Japanese, on GameCube. I've been wanting to replay that game lately (and particularly needed a distraction recently), and I know it well enough to not need to be able to read it, though I can make out a few phrases here and there. My husband, who has been keeping up with study much better than I, can make out a bit more, with some dictionary consultation. Mostly we've confirmed that yes, the English text is very close to the Japanese text, which isn't a surprise.

Before that we played Cat Quest and Cat Quest 2, by which I mean he played and I watched and knitted. I really wish my two main hobbies didn't both involve both hands.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Lunartic has me playing my first Zelda game ever. Majora's Mask. I'm almost done with it. It plays like Shenmue.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

WD RPG WD wrote:Lunartic has me playing my first Zelda game ever. Majora's Mask. I'm almost done with it. It plays like Shenmue.
Just FYI, being almost done with the three days doesn't mean you're almost done with the game XD
~Kizyr (they|them)

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Kizyr wrote:
WD RPG WD wrote:Lunartic has me playing my first Zelda game ever. Majora's Mask. I'm almost done with it. It plays like Shenmue.
Just FYI, being almost done with the three days doesn't mean you're almost done with the game XD
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Currently doing my first playthrough of Blair Witch and getting thoroughly spooked, as I tend to do with survival horror games. :lol:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've been playing Little Hope, which is in the same vein as Man of Medan and Until Dawn - heavily based on conversation, QTE, and cluefinding, with a lot of importance placed on both what players know and what characters know during the story. LH (roughly Salem-themed, but mostly taking place in the present day) has been fun during my playthrough and a half so far; at five hours per playthrough, I like seeing the different ways that the story can unfold.

I've also been replaying Xenoblade Chronicles, which mainly served as comfort food when I wasn't engaged in current events or how hard work has been the last few weeks. It's easy enough to jump in, explore an area, and jump back out again.

Oh, and I've played through most of Super Picross on the Switch. It's the same deal - I jump in for a few puzzles to calm myself after a long day. I don't understand the Japanese, but sussed out the rules (I'd never done picross before). Seeing each pictogram come to life with animation is a small joy.

I look forward to getting back to the heavier story-based RPGs I had going (Persona 4 Golden and FFVII: R) around the holidays.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

I just finished Breath of Fire last night! I don't remember ever having beat this game. Anyway. I have no idea what to play next!

Edit: I went ahead and just started Breath of Fire II for Super NES.
Last edited by VidKid369 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Puyo Puyo Tetris and Cross Code.

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hey. I just beat Breath of Fire II earlier, it was pretty hard lol.

I'm thinking about getting an early start on playing LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete this year, so I might start that up tomorrow. BoFII had like endless random encounters and it gave me kind of a headache towards the end so I need something a little different.

Obviously, I have played LUNAR: SSSC before so I am taking a break from my RPG backlog which's much needed but I am trying to tackle it slowly anyway so I don't burn out.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Finished Langrisser II/Der Langrisser on Steam (with the option for Urushihara's art), specifically the True Light, (regular) Light, Empire and Independent routes. It has some really good SRPG combat, plus no one ending is perfect depending on which faction you side with, cetain characters may live or die, events will change etc. I finished Langrisser I awhile ago, but Langrisser II is a much more expansive game.