Lunar Art Project and Fan Fiction

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Lathaine
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Art Project and Fan Fiction

Post by Lathaine »

My completed art project for Lunar.

My conjecture of what a full and complete Lunar world map would look like:

Caldor Isle
1. Burg and its Spring
2. The Lumber Village of Aadel and its Weird Woods
3. Saith and its Light House
4. Hag’s Forest and its Magic Colony
5. White Dragon Cave

Dragon Isles on the SouthWest portion of the world map
1. Horam and its Tournament Zone
2. Zaback and its Mine
3. Neo Vane and its Neo Cave of Trials
4. Orann and its Festivals
5. Marra and its Great Library
6. Alkirk and its Pirates
7. Parn and its Jungle Ruins

Katarina Zone
1. Meribia and its Sewers
2. Kulat and its Inner Sea Port
3. Zulan ands its Snow Covered Mountains
4. Vane and its Cave of Trials
5. Luna: Althena’s Sanctuary
6. Nanza and its Barrier Mountains
7. Lann and its Island
8. Azado and its Goddess Statue
9. Taben’s Peak formerly the Grindery
10. The Fortress of Althena

Marius Zone
1. Reza and its Thieves’ Bazaar
2. Tamuk and its Smiths
3. Iluk and its Fields of Invention
4. Raculi and its Serak Palace
5. Meryod and its Bridge
6. Damon's Spire
7. Red Dragon Cave

Madoria Zone
1. Nota and its Bridge
2. The Carnival
3. Madoria and its Mystic Ruins
4. Takkar and its Gate and Mansion
5. Lyton and its Musical Shrine
6. Blue Dragon Cave

Stadius Zone
1. Tamur and its Black Dragon Casym
2. Myght’s Tower and its Airships
3. Illusion Forest and its Hot Springs
4. Star Dragon Tower
5. Pao and its Black Dragon Fortress
6. Dalton and its Outer Sea Port
7. Larpa and its Merchants
8. Dragon Ruins
9. Blue Spire
10. Gwyn’s Archaeological Hideaway

The Frontier
1. Lunar Landscape
2. Talon and its Mine
3. Cadin and its Shrine to Althena
4. Ruid and its Factories
5. The Grindery

Lunar 0 Fan Fiction:

*Dyne and Althena are married in Burg after a trek to the White Dragon Cave and the married couple go on an adventure for their honeymoon given their adventuring nature. Dyne dresses in his get up from the cinematic A Goddess Reborn in SSSC and Althena dresses in a blue jacket with brown traveling pants, soft yet durable leather travelling boots, and a sword at her hip.

*Althena is a Maiden of Battle born into the world to save it from evil with her chosen husband Dyne.

*Althena has been born into the world to gain a cosmic victory over Zophar for all time reducing him to a shadow of himself in future battles and to claim her a husband in this rebirth, who is her childhood sweetheart in Burg whom she marries.

*Dyne and Althena start the adventure but before leaving for their honeymoon they are joined by their best friend Noa, Alex’s future father. The great and up and coming scholar Damon joins themlater along with the top student of Vane: Ghaleon who quickly becomes one of Dyne and Althena’s best friends. Only for Noa to leave after meeting his wife and be replaced by the new pirate captain Mel de Alkirk with his mission to take the city Meribia for himself. And of course Lemia joins the party in the city of Vane when they get there replacing a now travel weary and story filled Damon.

*My idea for now is that Luna is Althena and Dyne’s daughter they were forced to give up for adoption to Noa and his wife.

*Major Story Arcs:
Quest 1: An Adventure for the Married Couple (Burg to Vane)
Quest 2: Becoming a Dragonmaster (Vane to the end of the Black Dragon Fortress)
Quest 3: To Defeat Zophar (the rest of the story)

Lunar 1 Analysis

*Major Story Arcs:
Quest 1: Becoming A Great Adventurer (Beginning until Vane after Ghaleon reveals himself)
Quest 2: Becoming a Dragonmaster (Vane after Ghaleon reveals himself until the top of the Black Dragon Fortress)
Quest 3: Defeating Ghaleon and the Vile Tribe (the rest of the story)

Lunar 2 Analysis

*Major Story Arcs:
Quest 1: To the Holy City of Pentagulia (Beginning until Pentagulia’s dungeons)
Quest 2: To Equal the Dragonmasters (Pentagulia’s dungeons until the end of the Red Dragon Cave)
Quest 3: The War with Zophar (The end of the Red Dragon Cave until the first ending)
Quest 4: Epilogue (the rest of the story)
Last edited by Lathaine on Sat May 23, 2015 1:12 am, edited 17 times in total.

Lathaine
Iluk Crackpot

Re: Lunar 0-1 Recommendations for the Lunar Fan Rewrite

Post by Lathaine »

Lunar 0 Fan Fiction:

*Dyne and Althena are married in Burg after a trek to the White Dragon Cave and the married couple go on an adventure for their honeymoon given their adventuring nature. Dyne dresses in his get up from the cinematic A Goddess Reborn in SSSC and Althena dresses in a blue jacket with brown traveling pants, soft yet durable leather travelling boots, and a sword at her hip.

*Althena is a Maiden of Battle born into the world to save it from evil with her chosen husband Dyne.

*Althena has been born into the world to gain a cosmic victory over Zophar for all time reducing him to a shadow of himself in future battles and to claim her a husband in this rebirth, who is her childhood sweetheart in Burg whom she marries.

*Dyne and Althena start the adventure but before leaving for their honeymoon they are joined by their best friend Noa, Alex’s future father. The great and up and coming scholar Damon joins themlater along with the top student of Vane: Ghaleon who quickly becomes one of Dyne and Althena’s best friends. Only for Noa to leave after meeting his wife and be replaced by the new pirate captain Mel de Alkirk with his mission to take the city Meribia for himself. And of course Lemia joins the party in the city of Vane when they get there replacing a now travel weary and story filled Damon.

*My idea for now is that Luna is Althena and Dyne’s daughter they were forced to give up for adoption to Noa and his wife.

*Major Story Arcs:
Quest 1: An Adventure for the Married Couple
Quest 2: Becoming a Dragonmaster
Quest 3: To Defeat Zophar
Last edited by Lathaine on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

This should probably be in The Arts, as it's fanfic rather than discussion about the actual games. It's not even remotely based on the backstory and only peripherally on the games.

Lathaine
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Lathaine »

The mods and admins can place this set of posts wherever you would please mods and admins.

Lathaine
Iluk Crackpot

Re: Lunar 0-1 Story Recommendations for the Lunar Fan Rewrit

Post by Lathaine »

Lunar 1 Analysis:

*Major Story Arcs:
Quest 1: Becoming A Great Adventurer
Quest 2: Becoming a Dragonmaster
Quest 3: Defeating Ghaleon and the Vile Tribe
Last edited by Lathaine on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'm on the fence (between here and The Arts), but I'll leave it here for now. It's a little closer to the territory of "what would Lunar be like if X happened instead" than the territory of full-on fanfic. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Lathaine
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Lathaine »

I have abandoned any plans to do fan fiction for Lunar. Instead I will just post what I can glean the original story is about when you look at all the hidden real life things written into Lunar as I try to fully master the setting.

Everything up to now in this thread is just great analysis of Lunar.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Lathaine wrote:Althena dresses in a blue jacket with brown traveling pants, soft yet durable leather travelling boots, and a sword at her hip.
I like this image, particularly the sword. It makes me want to draw a little, but it's been ages since I last drew anything. Adventurer Althena would look rather like Fresca, I suppose.
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Lathaine wrote:I have abandoned any plans to do fan fiction for Lunar. Instead I will just post what I can glean the original story is about when you look at all the hidden real life things written into Lunar as I try to fully master the setting.

Everything up to now in this thread is just great analysis of Lunar.
Huh? What analysis, "great" or otherwise? It's fanfic. That's it.

Lathaine
Iluk Crackpot

Re: Lunar Analysis and Ideas

Post by Lathaine »

Lunar 2 Analysis

*Major Story Arcs:
Quest 1: To the Holy City of Pentagulia
Quest 2: To Become a Dragonmaster (It really does feel this way for Lucia and Hiro)
Quest 3: The War with Zophar and Epilogue

It must be pointed out that the main thrust of the plot is two fold and is very reminiscent of Martian Successor Nadesico: Zany humor and fun scenes that rotate with the dark fantasy plot arcs and overall story arc with Zophar.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

To echo Alun: huh? The "deep analysis" would benefit here from noting that Eternal Blue came out two years before Nadesico and that humor as mixed with fantasy is not unique, nor are stories with multiple plot arcs.
aka Maou

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Are you going to make something out of this? Your own manga? A novel? What is the point, here? Are you analyzing your own fanfic, of which we know nothing, because you haven't made it yet? What?

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Hm, on second thought, scratch the doubting comment of mine from earlier. Even if I don't get what's going on, no sense in discouraging someone who is interested in something. Apologies, carry on~
aka Maou

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Of course not, but we're kind of in the dark as to what Lathaine is trying to do. I think some of the ideas are very neat, I'd just like to know what they're for.

Lathaine
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Lathaine »

Guys please you make little sense to me. You are as hot blooded as Gurenn Lagann about literary analysis I am writing. I am doing literary style analysis that also analyzes the Asian religion elements of the games currently. I'll get into more in time but the world map has feels attached to it that feel complete and religious really.

Lets just try and have some peace.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I think people (myself included) are curious what you mean by "analysis."
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Dyne and Althena married? Now imagine that what we know is just secondary reasoning and the main motivation that nobody was told is things got rocky near the end and after a massive argument, Dyne sneaks off to become Laike (and not have to give up half his stuff) and Althena dramatically decides to be reborn as a human to erase her memories of the relationship.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Note that that's firmly in the fanfic category, no analysis involved. Honestly, as I said a year ago, that first post should be categorized as such. There's nothing analytical in it.

Lathaine
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Lathaine »

Under the law analysis really just boils down to critical thinking. I am training to be a CIA Analyst after all.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Good luck. :lol: